We have a number of affordable options to suit the type of membership that accommodates your riding enthusiasm and ambitions while being part of a local equestrian community. With all that is included below, the savings your membership brings soon adds up!
Contact us to receive your Solihull Riding Club Membership pack.
FREE FACILITIES WITH MEMBERSHIP
• Members only off-road boundary ride covering around 2-3 miles of countryside pathways.
• Exclusive members only field providing a course of showjumps & cross-country fences and dressage arena.
• Free use of second indoor arena all year round during daylight hours for members only. Please contact us to book a slot.
• Shavings available (collection only) at reduced cost.
• 5% discount at on-site Horsesense saddlery and tack shop.
• British Riding Clubs discount offers – refer to the BRC website.
• Reduced entry fees on SRC-run competitions, group instruction, courses and clinics.
• Reduced hire rates on indoor arenas, outdoor all-weather manège and cross-country.
For up to date membership rates please select the following link – Subscriptions Apr-Dec 20
To apply for membership please download the following form – Membership Application & Renewal
To set up your standing order – SRC Membership Standing Order Form
Please note our membership year has now changed in line with BRC. Membership will now run from January-December.
FACILITY HIRE CHARGES
If you want to use our facilities, please select the following link to view our current hire rates: Arena-Hire-Charges-2020 Members benefit from a reduced rate for hire.
BRITISH RIDING CLUBS – AREA 5
Solihull Riding Club is affiliated to British Riding Clubs and is part of Area 5, the area for the Midlands. Several of our members form teams and regularly compete against other Riding Clubs. We practice through training sessions and meeting using our unrivalled Riding Club facilities, and often hold the bigger Area 5 competitions on site.
BRC team competitions are a fantastic way to compete with your friends and for your Club, having a lot of fun along the way! Points competitions are a great introduction to British Riding Club competitions and the qualifiers are a unique chance for amateur riders to qualify for national championships throughout the year.
Our teams are split into Juniors and Seniors, where riders compete in each of the following disciplines:
• Dressage (with classes for individuals and teams from Preliminary up to Advanced Medium, including pairs dressage, quadrille, dressage to music and riders test (at preliminary and novice)).
• Showjumping (starting with classes at 80cm up to 1.10m, including combined training, and style jumping at 75cm and 85cm for juniors and seniors).
• Eventing (with classes from 80cm up to 100+ for both juniors and seniors, including individual and pairs 90cm and 100cm challenge classes).
Our junior team manager is Caroline Attenborrow (firstname.lastname@example.org), Senior Dressage Team Manager is Vikki Weaver (email@example.com), Senior Showjumping Team Manager is Nicky Brunt (firstname.lastname@example.org) and the Senior Eventing Team Manager is Hilary Walker (email@example.com)
If you would like to become a member of Solihull Riding Club and try out for one of the SRC Area 5 teams, please contact the relevant team manager using the contact details above. Or contact the office directly on firstname.lastname@example.org or 01564 770 180.
For the latest Area 5 competition dates please download the following document – AREA 5 PROGRAMME V3
When you help steward at an event, we offer vouchers which can be used for up to 50% towards show entry fees or hire of the facilities, or yearly membership paid by cash, cheque or card in full in advance. The 50% rule also applies to vouchers won at SRC competitions.
When you have been a Senior Member for 2 full years you will automatically be upgraded to become a Full (voting) Member which enables you to vote on issues at the Annual General Meeting and you can offer to stand for election as a member of the Executive Committee and influence the direction of the Riding Club.