Background – Over 70 years!
Believed to be the longest-established Riding Club in the UK (but please tell us if you know otherwise!) which predates even the BHS, it has evolved from a small Members Club to become a premier competition centre with excellent facilities catering for all disciplines at all levels from grass-roots to professional, centred around one of the largest indoor riding arenas in the country.
The Riding Club is a charitably constituted non-profit voluntary Members’ Club and HMRC accredited Community Amateur Sports Club (CASC) managed by a Committee of volunteers who rely heavily on the voluntary assistance of Members for stewarding at events, and affiliated to British Riding Clubs (BRC Area 5), British Dressage, British Eventing, British Showjumping and is also a Kennel Club registered venue.
- Founded on 15th November 1943 using a rented 4-acre field off Whitefields Road in Solihull
- In the 1960’s the club moved to a 27-acre site behind Tilehouse Green Lane near Knowle
- A decade later that land was sold for development of a housing estate christened “The Ridings”
- In 1972 the Club relocated to its present 220-acre site in Four Ashes Road, Bentley Heath
- In 1995 the first Riding Club in the country to be granted a Sport England lottery award, which provided grant funding to help build the second indoor arena.
- In 2003 approved by HMRC to register as a Community Amateur Sports Club (CASC)